
I'm making it tomorrow for Mother's Day, courtesy of Louisiana's surrogate ragin' Cajun, Emeril Lagasse! My mom loves salmon, so hopefully she won't vomit at the taste of this dish. And in the end, hoping that your mom stomachs your own cooking is what Mother's Day is all about, ain't it?
Anyways, I've been trying not to wet myself in anticipation lately. Why, you ask? Because in a mere two weeks or so, I find out where exactly in Japan I'll be spending the next year of my life! And apparently, my (rather dubious) sources inform me that JET will be sending out placements earlier this year than in the past, so the wait is pretty suspenseful. What if I'm put on my own tiny, remote island that's ten feet in diameter and has no electricity or signs of civilization? What if I'm forced to wash my clothes in the Sea of Japan, sustaining myself on crayfish and driftwood? I can only hope. I'd be a regular Bear Grylls. Y'know, save the whole drinking my own urine thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment