My matriculation of memories continues with Japan's favorite clothing franchise.


Uniqlo is kind of Japan's Old Navy, but nicer. They're all over Japan, and have one hundred stores in Tokyo alone. Apparently they're looking to expand across the world, and opened up a store in NYC not too long ago.
Japanese people hail it as being "cheap," and by Japanese standards, it is. Just last weekend I spent about 100 bucks and got three collared shirts, a t-shirt and two pairs of shorts. And it's not cheaply made, either, so it's gonna last me a while. Plus, the girl folding the khakis was really cute.
The franchise's commercials, like a lot of things in Japan, are very inventive:
All in all, I'm gonna miss Uniqlo when I get home, and Japanese clothing stores in general. This country's clothes fit me well. Whaddya think the odds are of a Uniqlo opening up at Jefferson Pointe?

No comments:
Post a Comment