Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Foods I'm craving:

  • Deep-dish pizza, oozing with cheese and covered with pepperoni.  Special emphasis on the pepperoni--I actually had to explain what it was to one of my language lab classes today.  Also, I want my large pizza to actually be large.  None of these pies the size of a small Frisbee, onegaishimasu.
  • Cheese that is (a) readily available and (b) reasonably priced!  I mean, c'mon... I'm sprinkling my food with processed grated parm, not ground up Fabergé eggs.  They do have Ritz Bitz over here, thankfully, so that has been satisfying my frommage fix for the time being, albeit with an artificial, strangely neon orange filling.
  • Mexican food.  Holy guac and sour cream, do I miss it!  Simply put, the stuff does not exist here.  Japan has Denny's, for cryin' out loud--I'm sure there's room in their hearts for at least Taco Bell, too!
  • A good burger.  Japan tries to do American, God bless it, but its simulacrum is bland, bland, bland.  I'm looking for beef, bacon, and blue cheese on a bun.  I've had enough vitamin B and omega-3s for a while.  What I need is cholesterol and grease.
  • Buffalo wings.  I dream about them.  Literally.
That is all.

...for now.

No comments: