While walking to the convenience store a half hour ago, I got stuck behind a group of five middle-aged Japanese guys. As I got closer to them, it became clear that they had one thing in common (besides race). They were all completely drunk. One of them wobbled over to someone's house, unzipped his fly, and proceeded to urinate in their jardinière. And this was 7 PM on a Wednesday! On a frequently traversed street in sleepy, family-friendly Haibara, no less. People drove by, students rode past on their bikes... it was crazy. These guys knew how to spice up their weeknights. I would've taken a photo on my keitai, but I was on the phone at the time. Oh yeah--and one of them was wearing an arm cast.
I think an American equivalent would be five married office workers, all white as their collars, getting blasted at Applebee's after work, who then stumble and piss their way through a subdivision, filling the night with their drunken howls. And one of them would be wearing an arm cast.
On a related note--I'm gettin' hooked on konbini fare! Eating convenience store food probably isn't the healthiest thing, but it's so close to my apartment, so cheap, and so good! I'm partial to "chicken-in-a-cup," which looks and tastes far more appealing than it sounds. It's spicy chicken nuggets (made of surprisingly quality white meat) in a handheld, microwavable container, and comes with a toothpick for easy eats. Yum.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment