ATTENTION! This is not something I will miss. In fact, I really really hate these things. I had a real problem with them during the rainy season and it sucked. My vice principal told me he's only seen five of them in his life, I saw five of them in a week. Introducing mukade:



These things would crawl on my ceiling, lose their grip and fall on me as I slept. One woke me up by scurrying up my leg. And yes, they're poisonous--as in, put one of my students on crutches.
It felt like the first Passover when I outlined my apartment in a powdered repellent that seemed to keep them at bay. They were by far the biggest (and most frightening) nuisance in the menagerie of bugs that was my house. Worse than the cockroaches, gigantic spiders, slugs, mosquitoes, etc. It was the like the scary version of the cast of James and the Giant Peach. Thank God these things are out of my life forever.

No comments:
Post a Comment